- Features 3M's tough and best in class Cubitron™ II mineral
- Grains of ceramic/aluminum oxide blend are precisely-shaped, uniformly-sized and vertically oriented
- Slices through hard metal for fast cut
- Cubitron™ II abrasives run cooler, reducing risk of metal discoloration/oxidation and heat related stress cracks
- A grinding aid further enhances cooler running on high-strength steel
- Exceptionally long-lasting belt performs consistently and reliably throughout its life
- Used with the 3M™ File Belt Sander, easily grinds out rivets and spot welds
Our 3M™ Cubitron™ II File Belts 786F is a 3M best-in-class abrasive belt, designed for use with the 3M™ File Belt Sander, for tasks like grinding out rivets and removing spot welds. 3M Precision Shaped Grain is resin-bonded on a heavy duty backing for a more consistent finish, cooler operation and two times more belt life. The resin bond and a grinding aid keep this belt cutting cool and sharp.
Make Light Work of Tough Tasks with Cubitron™ II
Ideal for tough detail work like cleaning, deburring, blending and finishing as well as working in small confined spaces, our 3M™ Cubitron™ II File Belts 786F is available in three grades — 36+, 60+ and 80+ — and widths including 3/8", 1/2" and 3/4" as well as lengths of 13", 18" and 20.5".
The exceptionally fast cut and long life of 3M™ ceramic abrasive grain enable this slim belt to accomplish a remarkable degree of work. Its fast cutting action helps eliminate burning or other forms of thermal damage, as well.
About 3M™ Cubitron™ II and Precision-Shaped Grain
3M™ Cubitron™ II abrasive discs, cutoff wheels and file belts have raised the bar for high-performing abrasives. Cubitron™ abrasives feature Precision-Shaped Grain (PSG) technology, which allows our engineers to control the geometry of the abrasive grain for a truly fast, efficient cut. Instead of simply crushing the abrasive into particles, 3M uses microreplication to uniformly size ceramic grains and precisely shape them into triangular structures — essentially, sharp peaks that slice, not plow, through paint and metal. These grains are electrostatically oriented on the abrasive surface for the most efficient cut and even wear. What's more, PSG fractures during use to maintain sharp abrasive edges. The result: Cubitron™ II cuts 30% faster and lasts 2x longer than conventional ceramic abrasives.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.